IBEW 824 Frontier Informational Picket at the Superbowl
Updated On: Jan 28, 2021
To all IBEW members past and present,
IBEW Local 824 respectfully requests your assistance in their effort to secure a fair contract with Frontier. They have planned an informational picket on the day of the Super Bowl to send a clear message to Frontier and their corporate partners like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Raymond James Stadium that taking retirement benefits from our essential workers is unacceptable.
The plan is as follows :
1. Anyone wanting to participate will meet at the Union Hall located at 6603 E. Chelsea St Tampa 33610 beginning at 10 am on Super Bowl Sunday, February 7th.
2. They will have chartered buses to shuttle everyone back and forth from the picket location throughout the day. If anyone doesn't want to ride the bus there is ample parking in and around Al Lopez Park.
3. The picket location is Cancer Survivors' Plaza located at the corner of Dale Mabry Hwy and MLK.
4. A permit has been secured through the City of Tampa and they have been in contact with the Tampa Police Department about pick up and drop off locations to ensure the safety of all members.
5. The goal is to have everyone back to the Union hall no later than 4 pm so everyone can get home in time for the game.
6. There is no tailgating allowed per the NFL and the NFL experience is along the Riverwalk far away from our location and it ends on Saturday, February 6th. Everyone should do their best to practice social distancing and everyone will be required to wear a mask. If we are going to hold Frontier accountable for gutting healthcare during a pandemic then we must also hold ourselves accountable as well.
7. There will also be an airplane flying over the stadium from 1 pm to 5 pm with a simple message " Frontier Fails Essential Workers IBEW824.org "
8. Let's have a safe, fun event and demand a fair contract now from Frontier. If you have questions or require accommodations please call the IBEW 824 at 813-626-5136.